Effective Date: Feb 11, 2020
Information that We Collect
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Sites and by other means, including:
- Information you submit when you join our Waitlist or when you contact us. We collect information when you join our Waitlist or send us an email, call us, or submit information through the contact form on our Website. This may include your name, email address, phone number, and the content of your communication.
- Information collected automatically. We or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information when you use our Website. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, information about your use of the Website during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and your interactions with them), the date and time of your visit, links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Website, social media referrals used to find the Website (such as Facebook and LinkedIn), your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your usage of the Website:
- Server logs. When you use the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Cookies. The Website uses “cookies,” which are small text files that are stored on your computer that retain your information, activities, and/or preferences relative to your activities on a website. Should you wish to prevent your computer from accepting cookies from the Website, you can change the settings on your web browser to either block cookies sent from the Website, or to disable cookies altogether. Please note that the Website may not function properly, or may function differently, if you choose not to receive cookies.
- Web beacons. The Website or the emails that you receive from Marygold may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email. If you would like to opt out of Marygold’s use of web beacons in promotional emails, please opt out of receiving such messages by sending an email to email@example.com or by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such message.
How We Use Information that We Collect
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
Communicating with you. To communicate with you in response to your inquiries and to provide important updates regarding our Website or our services. For example, we may email you with marketing messages, including the status of the launch of our services, engagement opportunities, your position in the waitlist, or with refer-to-a-friend emails. When are services are made available, we may notify you via email with the option to download our App and sign up for our services.
Conducting analytics and improving our services. To count and recognize visitors to the Website, analyze how visitors use the Website, improve the Website, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics.”
Legal purposes. For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section titled “How We Share information.”
How We Share Information
We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Legal purposes. We may use or share information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other individuals, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Organizational transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our organization or assets.
- Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties, such as by sharing reports with third parties about trends in the usage of the Website.
Like many other online services, the Website does not respond to “do not track” browser signals with respect to such sharing with third parties.
Third-Party Links and Websites
The Website may be linked to third party websites or contain information provided by third parties. Marygold does not make any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of such websites or information, has not and will not review or update such websites or information, and cautions users that any use made of such websites or information is at their own risk. Marygold disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to any such linked sites, including but not limited to any terms as to the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked website. By using the Site, you expressly relieve Marygold from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
Data Security and Retention
Marygold uses commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your Rights and Choices
If you no longer want to receive our newsletters or other promotional communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional communications, you may still receive administrative messages from us.
Your California Rights
The Sites are not intended for nor directed to children under 13, and Marygold will not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. We request that children under 13 do not provide information to us through the Sites.
Information for Users from Outside the United States
Marygold & Co.
2 Inverness Drive East, #187
Centennial, CO 80112